Information about Poster Presentation
The poster presentation is traditionally used by engineers, natural scientists, and some social scientists. Each poster will be critiqued by judges comprised of faculty, community leaders, and graduate students.
**Please note: the poster, including any borders, attachments, or other associated elements, may not be larger than 3 feet all and 4 feet wide.**
- Poster presentations will be in
Autry Court, inside Tudor Fieldhouse, from 4:30-6:00pm.
- Each poster will be critiqued
by a panel of judges comprised of faculty, community leaders, and graduate
- Judges will use this rubric
to evaluate presentations.
- The poster, including any
borders, attachments, or other associated elements, may not be larger than 3
feet tall and 4 feet wide.
- Posters can be printed at Mudd Building Lab or at the Digital Media Center (Herring Hall 129). Both of these printing locations will
get quite busy in the days leading up to RURS. Make sure to leave plenty of time to print your poster. Presenters are responsible for all
- Presenters or their
representatives should come to Tudor Fieldhouse between 11:00-2:00 on Wednesday April 16 to hang their posters. If
you or a representative are unable to bring your poster to Tudor Fieldhouse
between 11:00-2:00 on April 16, please email RURS at email@example.com, no later than 12:00 noon on April 15.
- For guidelines and advice on
creating a poster presentation, click here, and for advice specific to Engineering, click here.
Information about Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations will be in the
Trauber Suite of Tudor Fieldhouse from 10:00am-1:00pm.
- A podium, computer, and projector
will be available.
- Power Point presentations or
other visuals should be ready on a flash drive.
- Each oral presentation will be 8 minutes long, followed by a 2 minute
question-and-answer session with a panel of faculty and graduate student
will use this rubric to evaluate presentations.
- For guidelines and advice on oral
presentations, click here.
There will be workshops on the following days:
- 3/17 Engineering Posters 12-1 pm Fondren 201
- 3/17 Humanities Oral Presentation 4-5 pm Fondren 201
- 3/18 Engineering Posters, 4-5 pm Location HUMA 119
- 3/24 Social Science and Humanities Posters 4-5 pm HUMA 119
- 3/24 Natural Sciences Posters 12-1 pm BRK 101
- 3/24 Humanities Oral Presentation 4-5 Fondren 201